Friday, 30 January 2015

Costume

As I was scanning through my blog, I realized that I hadn't made a post about the costume used for the film! We decided to have Keeley wearing a stark white dress (which ended up costing £50!!), a plain black pair of Mary-Jane's and a crimson ribbon. We felt that the combination of the fancy dress and simple shoes would look quite formal, which we liked. We also thought that by using the red ribbon we would create a symbol that would be easily recognizable and that viewers would pick up on whenever it reappeared on screen. To make the symbolisation really strong, we decided to use it in the dolls hair also. Before filming, I put a slight curl in Keeley's hair and tried to make her look a bit dead by hollowing her cheeks out, paling her skin and bruising beneath her eyes with make-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment